CopyDisable

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Error in Remote Installation of Glassfish node:- bash: jar: command not found

While creating a cluster in Glassfish V3.1 in Windows 2003 servers, I was trying to install DAS image on the remote instance system, I was getting the following error:

jar command failed while installing glassfish on hosthostname. Command output bash:
jar: command not found

Remote command output: bash: jar: command not found
 

Command install-node failed.




My environment variable settings were fine, I checked the jar command at the target system and it was also working. But still I am getting this error.
After tried few times, I searched for some time and in Glassfish’s Jira system, I got a way to resolve this problem.
1) Check which jar executable shell was trying to execute, as the jar executable was not in cygwin’s bin directory, the command was failing.



2) Now create a symbolic link to the jar executable file from the cygwin bin directory
C:\cygwin\bin>ln -s '/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_25/bin/jar' jar


3) Now check which executable of jar is getting executed again



Now this time it’s from the cygwin’s bin folder.
All right we are ready to try again, now this time it worked J . Simple but that did not come into my mind.. lol...



 Shortly I will write about creating Glassfish 3.1 cluster in Windows environment.

জয় আই অসম,
প্রণব শর্মা

No comments:

Post a Comment